Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tour de France Day 2 - Monday



Day 2 of the Tour brought slippery roads, more crashes. and a new yellow jersey rider! Hopefully Tuesday's stage won't bring more rain for the riders, as it's already promising to be a pretty treacherous day on the pave. Also, hopefully, there won't be a lot of abandon's after so many hard falls the last couple of days. We want there to be some riders left when we get to the raceW I've been watching the Tour de France on my MAC! It's pretty good, and I've been able to find a couple of pages where there are announcers who speak English. The announcers on the French sites talk too quickly for me to understand everything (Yesterday, all I needed to know was "tomber," which means 'to fall!)
Here are a few more things that make me love being in France:
- Camargue horses, from this region of Southern France. They are born dark brown or black, and turn white around age four. Really. I didn't believe it either, so I googled it. It's true.
-A couple next to me at breakfast at the hotel brought their little bird in a cage and sat it right on the table.
-Navigating on French roads is hard. We'll have Garmin GPS systems on our tours, but before then, I'm improvising with my Tom Tom for my car and hair bands. Laugh, but it works

No comments: